Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Confused about T-mount + picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Confused about T-mount + picture Reply with quote

I have the following problem:

Last week i bought a few lenses, among them is a Tamron Converto 2.8/135 / 5.5/225. The lens itself has a detachable mount, like a t-mount i thought. The T stands for Tamron after all.....
Unfortunately mine has an Exakta adapter and not the original M42 base which will fit the dedicated extension tube to convert it to a 5.5/225 lens.

Now: my usual t-mount rings are all the same, measuring 49mm on the inside, without the threaded flange, the Tamron measures 50mm at the flange, which is not detachable. This simply means i cannot get my t-mounts on this lens to give it a go.....

Any good explanations on t-mounts? I could not find any myself..... are there different sizes?

Thanks!

picture:

Last edited by TrueLoveOne on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not in standard T/T2 mount.
http://cameracollector.proboards.com/thread/7918/tamron-converto-135mm?page=1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted a quick picture.

As you can see it's the later type, it's flange where the Exakta adapter goes is not removable from the lens. What i need basically is the M42 adapter instead of the E-adapter in the picture. But apparently this is not the usual T-mount size.
The extension tube has M42 thread on both sides, so one could quickly move from 135mm to 225mm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googling tamron converto produces literally as the first link the original leaflet here:

http://cameracollector.proboards.com/thread/7918/tamron-converto-135mm?page=1

It is NOT a t-mount. But a set in itself.

Welcome!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same link, second time, thanks! I started googling about t-mounts of course.....

Well: problem solved here: a large plumbers tool and some force..... of came the ring. Now it's a normal t-mount.....

Extension tube is t-mount thread as well....

Feeling quite stupid now..... Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the original T-mount, an early version of it. They came in different sizes. P.S. T in T-mount has not been proven to stand for Tamron. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Same link, second time, thanks! I started googling about t-mounts of course.....

Well: problem solved here: a large plumbers tool and some force..... of came the ring. Now it's a normal t-mount.....

Happens to all of us from time to time!

You need to read the full forum thread in the link. It is not a T/mount the author describes the necessary modifications

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
It is not a T/mount the author describes the necessary modifications

Haha, now you are confused! Mine is the new version (see photo), that link is about the old Converto with 37mm thread, mine has the original 42mm t-mount thread, i have normal t-mount connectors installed and everything works like it should!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

I have done the same thing Laughing now you know you will never forget!