Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses part 125 - Tamron 28-70mm/3.5-4.5 59A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses part 125 - Tamron 28-70mm/3.5-4.5 59A Reply with quote

Samples taken with Olympus E-M5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot to like about this lens, it's sharp, has good colour and nice bokeh. The flower shot is excellent. I like Tamrons, perhaps I'm biased? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
There's a lot to like about this lens, it's sharp, has good colour and nice bokeh. The flower shot is excellent. I like Tamrons, perhaps I'm biased? Wink

I've come to the conclusion my favorite mf zooms are all Tamrons.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day I'll have to find out which is the better lens SP 35-80 01a or 35-70 09a...they both give good results so haven't bothered before.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
One day I'll have to find out which is the better lens SP 35-80 01a or 35-70 09a...they both give good results so haven't bothered before.

I couldn't really tell the difference on my pentax Kr between the 01A and the later 35-70mm the 17A.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 17A is a good lens (and seems to be more robust), but the 01A is sharper.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norland wrote:

I agree. Had them both at the same time and giving away 17A was hard decision as it's fantastic lens...however 01A is simply better. For my copies difference was more significant on the long end, while on short end they were both pretty equal.
I gave 17A to a friend of mine and decided I did good thing as my friend end up with fantastic 17A and I was left with superb 01A Smile.

All in all I would not buy 01A while having 17A if I didn't came across great deal for it. (I bought 17A for about £20 which wasn't a bargain and bought 01A for £15 which was Smile ).

Cheers
Mateusz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, I have the lens too, it's good on NEX+Lens turbo too

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
norland wrote:

I agree. Had them both at the same time and giving away 17A was hard decision as it's fantastic lens...however 01A is simply better. For my copies difference was more significant on the long end, while on short end they were both pretty equal.
I gave 17A to a friend of mine and decided I did good thing as my friend end up with fantastic 17A and I was left with superb 01A Smile.

All in all I would not buy 01A while having 17A if I didn't came across great deal for it. (I bought 17A for about £20 which wasn't a bargain and bought 01A for £15 which was Smile ).

Cheers
Mateusz

...and the comparison goes on, which is better 01a or Minolta 35-70 f3.5 Laughing If I had a A7 (or whatever) would like to compare my lenses with crops to see the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17A or Minolta 35-70 / 3.5 Macro ? It's close, but the Minolta is the better lens. I'd like to try this 59A though.