Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya/Sekor 55mm f/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Mamiya/Sekor 55mm f/1.8 Reply with quote

Recently aquired two m42 mount lenses one a no name (promaster 24mm f/2.Cool the other the Mamiya/Sekor 55mm. Glass looks great on both, promaster has the a/m switch, and mates well to the m42 to eos adapter i purchased. Colour rendition is very very good with it btw.

The mamiya on the other hand has an auto plunger only, and requires the step to be machined on the adapter...no problem, got that adapter, and it wont screw on properly! Turns out the aperature ring is too wide and is pinched by the screwing onto the adapter.

I have access to lathe (and am a machinist), would it be sacrilege to remove the ring and machine off the amount so I can mount it?

Or should I just leave it be and simply use the promaster for my mf fix?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are a machinist, you should be able mod the adapter to something similar to this Click here to see on Ebay .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to me to try to take the hard road lol, that likely would work, although the thickness of the flange is going to be affected.....Ill look into it thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a near complete collection of mamiya sekor sx m42 lenses I used to use on my spotmatic film bodies
natively. but once I started shooting digitally with the k mount and found out these sx lenses wouldn't adapt without
major hassles - I sold them ALL as fast as I could, even the cherished 85mm f1.7 SX