Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Woman with Helios-103 on A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Woman with Helios-103 on A7 Reply with quote

Hi

Some days ago, I made kind of trailer (for nothing). Was first time I did video. I don't have any gear related to video. So sequences were stabilized in PP, and I used Adobe Premiere to finalize.
I had some fun playing with OOF for atmospher. Scenes were shot in La Defense, Paris.
Lens is Helios-103 53mm/1.8 in kiev/contax mount.

https://vimeo.com/99088083

Hope you apreciated it Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed watching it, good ideas, good scenes well edited. incredible that you never did video before.
the only small critizism, though maybe it was on purpose, quite a few times her face is in full shadow, I would have preferred if it was with light more often

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a good first effort. I'm not sure about the start, I wasn't sure if Vimeo was playing up. The black screen lasted a little longer than was comfortable but apart from that a very good video.

I have been videoing for years now and do all my edits in Movie Maker. I have dabbled with Premiere but I can't even import the video properly. I only do home movies and the odd wedding - although the wedding vids are just the ceremony filmed with 2 cameras. Usually as a low cost extra to my stills photgraphy.

What camera were you using?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely clip. I really like it. Smile
What is she saying around the 1:18 mark?

The stabilisation is actually an interesting effect in its own right. The image warps and warbles, but I actually like it a lot.
I ended up with a spider rig for my birthday (my wife is great) and can't wait to try it out for some handheld shooting with long lenses.

R