Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Helios 44M Reply with quote

Even though these were mass produced, I searched for a long time to find one locally.
I guess everyone knows how this lens looks like, but here's a snap with my Phone. The cat approved and gladly modeled.

And now a couple of test shots, I grabbed a lubitel 2 that I was just repairing and a Danbo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice captures. Like that cute cat in your serie. Regards Cliff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works every time, the Helios is just a great lens. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up one of these last month -- had to have it shipped from Latvia. Is this the version that delivers crazy OOF results if the front element is reversed? I picked up one with a chipped front element specifically to try flipping the element in it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the bw of the robot a lot (2nd pic of robot).
Beautiful flares!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots and who could have known that old Lubitel is such a handsome little model Very Happy.
I really like the colours and the compositions.

As for Helioses, well, here in Poland it's hard not to find one as they were very popular. My father had one, my uncle had one, my... and so on Wink, the same for Mir-1B.
My sharpest and with smoothest focus copy is 44M-4.

Once again, really wonderful photos.

Cheers
Mateusz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love them all, especially that BW Amazon boxie figure...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flare can be used creatively but have to be careful to get the angle towards the light source just right, this lens flares A LOT as proven by the following image Laughing

And some from today

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the box photos!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Love the box photos!!!

+1 Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Great photos and boxes! Reply with quote

Great "live" boxes ! Got 2 Helios lenses and waiting for the M42 adapter to test them. can't wait ... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the one you played with the flare, very creative.

Which camera did you use? I prefer using mirrorless camera or using live view, because I can see the flare exactly the way it's shown in the final image, and I can avoid the light coming directly to my eyes (I can't see anything for a moment after getting the light into my eye, then I never used OVF for these kinds of photos anymore).

And FYI, maybe someone here doesn't know, this box is called Danbo or Danboard Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photos posted sunday are with the a6000
All the others with nex 3n, also the one with flare and indeed with live view to get it just right! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="!Karen"]flare can be used creatively but have to be careful to get the angle towards the light source just right, this lens flares A LOT as proven by the following image Laughing

I like very much this flare and ghosts effect.

I note my Helioses 44 give me diferent color ghosts. Here examples at f16 with Canon XT and .jpg from camera without any PP. The white is tipical in decoated lenses. The orange comes from single coated optics, and the other colors from MC ones.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all on a6000
graves f8-f11
flowers all wide open

hasselt 1 by K a r 3 n, on Flickr

hasselt 2 by K a r 3 n, on Flickr

hasselt 3 by K a r 3 n, on Flickr

SD Japanse Tuin 6 by K a r 3 n, on Flickr

SD Japanse Tuin 9 by K a r 3 n, on Flickr

SD Japanse Tuin 11 by K a r 3 n, on Flickr

SD Japanse Tuin 12 by K a r 3 n, on Flickr

Last edited by !Karen on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 4 just throws itself off the screen, superb image Karen. Cool They are all good, and how good is the cheap and cheerful Helios 44M ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set! Smile