Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax AF 645 200mm f/4 on Nikon D800 ... two portraits
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Pentax AF 645 200mm f/4 on Nikon D800 ... two portraits Reply with quote

Although it's an AF lens I'm using it manually, so I hope it qualifies for MF Smile

Both shots wide open.

thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful model, beautiful colour, great sharpness and pleasing bokeh.
Yep - pretty good package.
Well done
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first one better.

The second one has a bit of a green cast in the skirt and face.

I also see this with my D800 and Pentax lenses, specifically in shade when I use Auto White Balance. It seems to be utterly confused, if it can not find a lens WB profile. (lens without chip, or with chip but not in profile database).

I get much better results with "sunny" white balance and I go from there if some tweaking is necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Beautiful model, beautiful colour, great sharpness and pleasing bokeh.
Yep - pretty good package.
Well done
OH

thanks a lot OH, I really love this lens,...someday when the digital 645 prices get down, I really hope to get a medium format body for all my 645 lenses...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:

I also see this with my D800 and Pentax lenses, specifically in shade when I use Auto White Balance. It seems to be utterly confused, if it can not find a lens WB profile. (lens without chip, or with chip but not in profile database).

I get much better results with "sunny" white balance and I go from there if some tweaking is necessary.

thanks much Bernhard, agree, there's a strong green cast mainly from the greenery surrounding my wife . tried to balance it , but it's still there...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Igor wrote:
bernhardas wrote:

thanks much Bernhard, agree, there's a strong green cast mainly from the greenery surrounding my wife . tried to balance it , but it's still there...

With everything else that this lens camera combo offers, I could live with that - easily fixed in LR5
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say such "flaws" add some "film feeling" to the shots...a bit of nostalgia flavor ...