Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ASAHI Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:4/200 - Tech/Repair Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: ASAHI Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:4/200 - Tech/Repair Help Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I`m an amateur photographer with a Pentax K-01. After living with the kit lens for a while I decided to pay a look to some manual focus lenses and found Takumar world.
I have recently purchased a Takumar 200mm F4 advertised as pristine that resulted to have a severe fungus infection, the seller lower the price so much that I decided to buy it anyway.
After a successful cleaning (my first lens disassembly ever), helped by David tutorial ( www.davidimage.me/?p=356#comment-2846 ), something went wrong. When finishing to put it together I inadvertedly knocked the aperture Pin/Level that stick out of the iris mechanism in the center internal part of the lens . Now it is loose but in position, not quite vertical, and does not full open the iris. Do you know if this pin is glued? It does not seem to be screwed, it does not have enough space to be screwed in. How do I take it off for repair/repositioning? ( apparently the 135mm is glued as per Stuart Willis article at www.kyphoto.com/classics/pentaxtakumar.html ) .
Any help is welcome!

Regards

Milton
https://www.flickr.com/photos/miltoncogut/

P.S.: I submit the picture and I see it in the preview, but not in the final post. Here a link to the Takumar problem:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/miltoncogut/14438282825/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ASAHI Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:4/200 - Tech/Repair H Reply with quote

MiltonC wrote:
Hi everyone! I`m an amateur photographer with a Pentax K-01. After living with the kit lens for a while I decided to pay a look to some manual focus lenses and found Takumar world.
I have recently purchased a Takumar 200mm F4 advertised as pristine that resulted to have a severe fungus infection, the seller lower the price so much that I decided to buy it anyway.
After a successful cleaning (my first lens disassembly ever), helped by David tutorial ( www.davidimage.me/?p=356#comment-2846 ), something went wrong. When finishing to put it together I inadvertedly knocked the aperture Pin/Level that stick out of the iris mechanism in the center internal part of the lens . Now it is loose but in position, not quite vertical, and does not full open the iris. Do you know if this pin is glued? It does not seem to be screwed, it does not have enough space to be screwed in. How do I take it off for repair/repositioning? ( apparently the 135mm is glued as per Stuart Willis article at www.kyphoto.com/classics/pentaxtakumar.html ) .
Any help is welcome!

Regards

Milton
https://www.flickr.com/photos/miltoncogut/

P.S.: I submit the picture and I see it in the preview, but not in the final post. Here a link to the Takumar problem:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/miltoncogut/14438282825/

Just reposting your post so the links work - it's an anti spam measure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In re the Stuart Willis article, the pin is not held on with glue, it is a flat part, a covering that is held on with glue. A mechanical load bearing part like this pin should never be attached with glue.

On this type of construction where a pin joins a flat part, the pin is sometimes held on as a rivet - ie the pin is inserted in a hole in the flat part and then the end of it is flattened to secure it. It is meant to be a permanent connection.
If this connection has been loosened the only fix is to remove the flat part and hammer the other end of the pin until the connection is tight again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you luisalegria, Now I have to figure out how to disassemble it. Any clue?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And It's finally free! You were right Luisalegria, the pin was riveted. The lens is now at an approx aperture of F8. First test shot (no PP)!