Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

All in one machine that can scan negatives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: All in one machine that can scan negatives Reply with quote

Hi all,
my lovely device c309g has died (that was a A4 printer, 10*15cm color printer, scanner and copy machine).

I was wondering if there is a replacement that can also scan negatives at the same time. As I am looking for sometime for a negative scanner perhaps an all in one device might do the trick.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: All in one machine that can scan negatives Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
Hi all,
my lovely device c309g has died (that was a A4 printer, 10*15cm color printer, scanner and copy machine).

I was wondering if there is a replacement that can also scan negatives at the same time. As I am looking for sometime for a negative scanner perhaps an all in one device might do the trick.

Regards
Alex

You are flogging a dead horse, when the answer is to buy a cheap flatbed scanner and I'm sure you must have room under your work table with the scanner on a stool or even resting on the floor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I might send you a shot of my desk. I guess though that you have a point..
Although I have to admit that is a pitty that I am looking for all in one devices that cost over 300 euros and they support even many inks for printing and a scanner but none of these have any scan negatives mechanism..

The world is going to an end

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually there is

http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Inkjet/PIXMA_MG8250/

but then you say that it is way too expensive for you Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it would be too expensive. I can not find it in germany any more perhaps is a discontinued item

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
well I might send you a shot of my desk. I guess though that you have a point..
Although I have to admit that is a pitty that I am looking for all in one devices that cost over 300 euros and they support even many inks for printing and a scanner but none of these have any scan negatives mechanism..

The world is going to an end

If using film is causing some problems for you ATM, you can always come back to it in the future when everything is more convenient...the X700 wont mind and any film you have bought will keep in the freezer Question

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem is cost and where to put the scanner.

A cheap Mickey Mouse scanner is small and light and produces inferior results.
A flatbed scanner is bigger and more expensive and produces average to good results
A proper neg scanner is small but expensive but produces superior results.

However you can photograph your negs. You are mainly doing black and white so this could be the better option. As you could bracket your shots and produce a HDR image.

You have a mickey mouse scanner so you have neg holders. You need a macro or enlarging lens to copy the neg, you will get a far better results than Mickey Mouse.

The important thing when doing this is squaring everything up so the film is parrallel with the sensor plane. A diffuser behind the neg and a light source. Thats it. I made a 'tunnel out of black paper to cover the gap between lens and neg to avoid glare or reflection.

Invert the image in photoshop or whatever you use. Its a little trickly with colour negs but possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
for making more happy the community I am sharing my desk with the candidate places for a new "device" (whatever this might be)
http://alexpal.smugmug.com/photos/i-gGrtpkV/0/L/i-gGrtpkV-L.jpg

The black device at the right is where I am having this all in one printer and is currently broken. I can replace it with a new all in one device and I was thinking that if it can scan negatives it would be great. I looked on the internet and the last devices that were doing this were back on 2011-2012 so I am not sure if I can find any of these devices or it is wise to spend money for two years old technology (here mostly I am thinking for the printing quality of the printer).

Unfortunately as you see from the shots this is the only space available for me at the whole house. I have a daughter that she is 15 month old and the house is kind of baby proof, except this small corner with my desk that she has not access at all.

I hope the shot made your day
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
Hi,
for making more happy the community I am sharing my desk with the candidate places for a new "device" (whatever this might be)
http://alexpal.smugmug.com/photos/i-gGrtpkV/0/L/i-gGrtpkV-L.jpg

The black device at the right is where I am having this all in one printer and is currently broken. I can replace it with a new all in one device and I was thinking that if it can scan negatives it would be great. I looked on the internet and the last devices that were doing this were back on 2011-2012 so I am not sure if I can find any of these devices or it is wise to spend money for two years old technology (here mostly I am thinking for the printing quality of the printer).

Unfortunately as you see from the shots this is the only space available for me at the whole house. I have a daughter that she is 15 month old and the house is kind of baby proof, except this small corner with my desk that she has not access at all.

I hope the shot made your day
Alex

If I can fit an Epson 4180 under my desk, I'm sure you can:-

http://forum.mflenses.com/film-scanner-t66317.html