Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40-2 red N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Helios 40-2 red N Reply with quote

Hi All,

The cleaning continues and on offer is a Helios 40-2 silver chrome version with a red N marking

Comes with the original leather carry case + color filters and both caps

Cosmetic condition is good with show of wear, optical condition is excellent and mechanical condition is average, like most russian lenses

Everything works like it should but i have never used the lens so it's just been sitting in a corner and should go to a new home where it will be cared for and used

Looking for a quick sale so it's yours at €250 + €15 shipping + 3% paypal

Pictures to come in a few hours when im back home from work

Happy Shooting,
Hari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for the pictures of the lens... but I'm pretty sure I will take it Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's silver + red П, then it's a 40 not 40-2.
Good price for this lens

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
If it's silver + red П, then it's a 40 not 40-2.
Good price for this lens

Yes, you're right.

It is the silver Helios 40.

Unfortunately I have to withdraw the offer to sell as I discovered a spot of fungus, a strand of some fiber as well as several dust particles in the inner elements.

A small strand of fiber and dust particles:

Spot of fungus:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn good price, and easily cleanable lens too

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
damn good price

Especialy with such SN, there are usualy more expensive than usual ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hari,

If you still want to sell it and Tedat doesn't want it anymore i would be interested in the lens.

Let me know

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very early valuable lens, gift price.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 40-2 red N Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
Hi All,

The cleaning continues and on offer is a Helios 40-2 silver chrome version with a red N marking

Comes with the original leather carry case + color filters and both caps

Cosmetic condition is good with show of wear, optical condition is excellent and mechanical condition is average, like most russian lenses

Everything works like it should but i have never used the lens so it's just been sitting in a corner and should go to a new home where it will be cared for and used

Looking for a quick sale so it's yours at €250 + €15 shipping + 3% paypal

Pictures to come in a few hours when im back home from work

Happy Shooting,
Hari

Is it still on sale? I would like to buy it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

Sorry for the disappointment but I decided to keep it

A CLA will cost just a few euros and looking at the condition of the front and rear elements (NO SCRATCHES!!!) I decided to keep it.

I've had the lens for more than 2-3 years and never took it out as I was happy with my M kit

This episode has now inspired me to start a new project - M42 lenses on the M240 Smile)))))

Starting with:
Black Biotar 58/2
Helios 85/1.5
Trioplan 100/2.8

Waiting for the M42-Leica M adapter so the fun can begin!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so cool. I was also planing to buy M240 and try with a diversity of manual focus lenses, but Sony made me change my mind with the A7 series. Still wondering how M240 would perform, so please post some results! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
That is so cool. I was also planing to buy M240 and try with a diversity of manual focus lenses, but Sony made me change my mind with the A7 series. Still wondering how M240 would perform, so please post some results! Very Happy

What a coincidence!

I had the A7 for a week but the performance with my M mount lenses wasn't as good as I hoped it would be

For all non M mount lenses - which run in many thousands - the A7* has revolutionized the definition of a digital back for these lenses

I got an offer even an idiot wouldn't decline so in came the M240 Laughing

Waiting for the adapter, will post samples soon