Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax to EOS adapter, are these good?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Pentax to EOS adapter, are these good? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've found several posts here about Pentax to EOS adapters.
It seems to me these posts don't have a straightforward solution, meaning sometimes users need to remove the lever from the lens or do other tricks in order to get the lens working.
So, I've just seen a couple of adapters on Amazon, one of which seems to have good reviews. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
http://amzn.com/B005JV06QI
http://is.gd/1uvmtl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few, but all mine are not as good as the opinions. They are ok with canon crop sensor bodies, but not as good on 5d/5dm2.
In the end, i got sony a7r to use pentax glasses on FF.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that, I've got an APS-C my self. I'll try one of these.
Thanks for your reply hoanpham.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax to EOS adapter doesn't have anything to do with compatibility on 5D. It's the lens that doesn't fit. Either have to remove or file the aperture pin.
I have two pentax to eos adapters and with both the lens is rotated to left when mounted. This is anoying because pentax A 200mm f4 has a square baffle in the rear that causes vignetting.
Anybody knows cheap ebay adaptors that will fit the lens at a proper position?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax to EOS adapter doesn't have anything to do with compatibility on 5D. It's the lens that doesn't fit. Either have to remove or file the aperture pin.
I have two pentax to eos adapters and with both the lens is rotated to left when mounted. This is anoying because pentax A 200mm f4 has a square baffle in the rear that causes vignetting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammo wrote:

You can mod the adapter to the proper position if you cannot found one.
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-pk-to-eos-ef-t65219,highlight,%2Bpentax.html

@cgustav
Please post the question about adapter to the section of the link above.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a good one from RAINBOWIMAGING