Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Pentax Takumar 3.5/135 pre-set
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Asahi Pentax Takumar 3.5/135 pre-set Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely results Thomas, especially #1.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Edgar.
We don't see the rose robin very often here - and since that photo, I haven't seen him again.
I treasure that one encounter.
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. Love #1

how long did it take you to A. locate the bird, and B. get the shot?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vroger wrote:
Great shots. Love #1

Thanks Roger.
Not long really. I was out with the lens taking pictures and heard some commotion at our bird bath.
I tried to approach in stealth mode but all the birds flew away anyway.
So I parked my body nearby and stood still for about ten minutes.
Several more birds came down to drink and bathe and this little fellow was among them. I had pre-focused on the branch as it is the handiest perch near the bird bath, and I got lucky. After only a few frames the robin flew off.
Made my day.
OH

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
vroger wrote:
Great shots. Love #1

Thanks Roger.
Not long really. I was out with the lens taking pictures and heard some commotion at our bird bath.
I tried to approach in stealth mode but all the birds flew away anyway.
So I parked my body nearby and stood still for about ten minutes.
Several more birds came down to drink and bathe and this little fellow was among them. I had pre-focused on the branch as it is the handiest perch near the bird bath, and I got lucky. After only a few frames the robin flew off.
Made my day.
OH

Well done indeed.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratias.
The birds here are our constant companions when we are outside. They generally keep their distance but occasionally they behave like we aren't even there. Having lots of trees and flowering shrubs about helps of course and there is plenty of habitat nearby.
I would find it very hard to live in a town I think.
OH

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Gratias.
The birds here are our constant companions when we are outside. They generally keep their distance but occasionally they behave like we aren't even there. Having lots of trees and flowering shrubs about helps of course and there is plenty of habitat nearby.
OH

aye. I am in a town, and even through I have like 5 feeders, two bird baths, and a ton of flowers and bushes I cannot get them close. At least most of the time.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vroger wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Gratias.
OH

aye. I am in a town, and even through I have like 5 feeders, two bird baths, and a ton of flowers and bushes I cannot get them close. At least most of the time.

I forgot to mention - no cats.
House cats are bird killers and are silent and deadly. They even learn how to move without disturbing the little bells that people add to their collars. Sorry to all you cat lovers out there, but they have a bad reputation out here.
OH

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really love that first shot, beautiful little bird.
Makes me forget what lens you used.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is interested there is a preset Takumar 135mm up for auction on Ebay for $35.00 Buy it Now. No, it is not mine. Very Happy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-135mm-f-3-5-Takumar-Telephoto-Lens-in-M42-Screw-Mount-Excellent/161708498440?_trksid=p2060778.c100277.m3477&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D30986%26meid%3Df41b92cd8dc94ba293d25ebfe255b389%26pid%3D100277%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D391149327709