Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 100mm in studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Sonnar 100mm in studio Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely prefer the full colour version, number one image. Just beautiful.

But.
There's something very strange going on in the background of all three images. Confused Is it something which has happened during uploading/resizing? Or something in the original file?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I like #3 best Attila! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has this blue eyes, I did try to make some realistic paint look, I see nothing strange on background. Thank you!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is #1 for me Very Happy

Love the colors and the contrast in the shot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I can see Sad

I'm confused Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
This is what I can see Sad

I'm confused Confused

Wait, this is strange.

I sent this page to my father, who has the same monitor as me. He couldn't see what I was alluding to.
Then I screen captured what I was seeing and emailed this to my father, he then could see what I was talking about.
But now I've shared the very same screen capture here, I can see the background issue but my father cannot.

Can anyone explain this?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see what you are talking about on all the images posted here to varying degrees, but I can't explain it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I can see what you are talking about on all the images posted here to varying degrees, but I can't explain it.

Thank you for confirming that I'm not going mad. Laughing

I saw the same effect on portraits I did a few years ago, that time with a pure white background. I couldn't figure out why then and I can't now. But, honestly, if I had portraits done and I saw that on the background I'd be less than happy. Maybe it's something which only shows up on monitors and not on prints, though I'd still be worried about sending the file to a printers. Confused

How strange.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quiet crappy Smile now I see it on your print screen , thank you, it is not visible on my display

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic focus on her bright blue eyes, #1 for me!! Superb, Attila!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!! Strange thing come from black paper background interesting how not visible on my display and how visible on yours. I am using LG HD Led Monitor 27" perhaps

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that too on my Samsung screen, bottom right quarter shows in blue the BG structure.
Depends on gamma setting I would guess...

Screenshot:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, I have a "Dell U2312 23 inch Widescreen IPS Panel LCD Monitor" and it is calibrated with a Spyder3 Elite 4.0.2

If I remember rightly my gamma is set at the recommended 2.2

My concern here would be printing, if I see an image of mine with this weird thing in the background I would hesitate to send the file to the printers. Would this show on a print? I have no idea. Or will this only show up on certain monitors, at certain monitor settings?

I've seen this before on Attila's images, I think it's always with pure black or pure white backgrounds. So what is going on? How does the image look when you print it Attila? What printer do you use?

@kds315, I see the blue bit on your screen capture, just as you describe it. What is your gamma setting?

*apologies to Attila for turning this into a technical discussion Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all with technical discussion, you do try to help me this is great , thank you!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me #1, unbelievable eyes...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally enjoy muted colours somewhat, but I also prefer the first image with the glorious rich red dress. The east is still exotic.

For what its worth I can see the detail in the background that others have mentioned. But my monitor is not calibrated in any correct way of shape. Printing tells all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lovely dithering affect at the old lenses what I really like. The digital cameras far sensitive for this than the film cameras. Sometimes I have to also desaturate a little bit, and make tricks but this affect one of my favour, despite of some colors might be not in place.