Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses part 140 - X-Kominar-T 135mm/2.8 DM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses part 140 - X-Kominar-T 135mm/2.8 DM Reply with quote

samples made with Olympus E-M5.
fuji ax mount
this lens loses contrast when shooting in general direction of Sun, even though it has built in shade, otherwise not bad
pretty much all shots at f4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just pulled one of these apart, it's sort of a Sonnar, two thick single meniscii at the front then a big very thick element and one or two small ones at the back.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I just pulled one of these apart, it's sort of a Sonnar, two thick single meniscii at the front then a big very thick element and one or two small ones at the back.

too bad it's coating isn't up to scratch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the one I had was marked X-Fujinar and the coatings are a lot less colourful than a Fujinon with EBC, look a lot different.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad lens for sure (I had the Porst labeled version).

If you own one.. use it and have fun.. if not better look for the x-Fujinon EBC 3.5/135. This small thing won't cost you more and even it's not much sharper.. the EBC coating makes it a little gem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
not a bad lens for sure.

If you own one.. use it and have fun.. if not better look for the x-Fujinon EBC 3.5/135. This small thing won't cost you more and even it's not much sharper.. the EBC coating makes it a little gem.

i own both of them , and yes fujinon 135/3.5 is a nice lens
http://forum.mflenses.com/testing-my-lenses-part-133-ebc-x-fujinon-t-135mm-3-5-dm-t70626.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: X-Kominar-T 135/2.8 DM - $15 Reply with quote

I came across this lens for $15 at a thrift store. It will cost me more than this to get an AX to mFT adapter for my E-M5. Is it worth it? How does it compare to the OM Zuiko 135/3.5?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: X-Kominar-T 135/2.8 DM - $15 Reply with quote

zuikowesty wrote:
I came across this lens for $15 at a thrift store. It will cost me more than this to get an AX to mFT adapter for my E-M5. Is it worth it? How does it compare to the OM Zuiko 135/3.5?

i would prefer the Zuiko
in AX mount EBC X-Fujinon-T 135mm/3.5 DM is better choice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: X-Kominar-T 135/2.8 DM - $15 Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
zuikowesty wrote:

i would prefer the Zuiko
in AX mount EBC X-Fujinon-T 135mm/3.5 DM is better choice

Thanks, had the Zuiko since the 70s, but finally sold most of my OM kit to fund my mFT upgrade from FT. Only kept a couple 50/1.8s and a 35/2.8. Having used a Rokinon 135/T2.2 FF Cine lens (big and heavy, but very sharp wide open on mFT) recently made me think about getting something like this again for outdoor portraits where the 40-150R doesn't quite do the trick. Should have kept my 135/3.5 I guess, as it was in mint condition, albeit early SC design.

Thanks for the info.