Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 8mm 3.5 Fisheye (mostly FF)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Samyang 8mm 3.5 Fisheye (mostly FF) Reply with quote

My first MF lens. Used it even after my shift to full frame, traded it for a russian Zenitar Fisheye because of the softness at f3.5 and the resolution loss after cropping the dark borders.

Only the first & the last shot are with a 40D, rest from 5DII.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and second are wow. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Samyang 8mm 3.5 Fisheye (mostly FF) Reply with quote

Mije wrote:
traded it for a russian Zenitar Fisheye because of the softness at f3.5

Shocked
Do you not find the Zenitar soft at 2.8? I certainly do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not yet used my Zenitar as much as the Samyang. But my copy seems to be sharp wide open, at least in the center. I can say more after I tried it for some nighttime landscapes/astrophotography.
Besides the softness wide open the problem at night with the Samyang is, that there are none f stops available between f3.5 (which is too soft) and f5.6 (which is too slow).