Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-PF 2.5/100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-PF 2.5/100 Reply with quote

I recently got this lens and have been shooting with it on a trip this week in Los Angeles. The aperture is sticky, so I can meter normally, but I have to stop down with the lever on the lens to shoot, then rack it to wide open to start again. But the glass is pristine and the focus is silky. These were shot Monday with a Minolta SR-T 202 on Ilford XP2 film, and processed by D&J Digital Imaging.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting effect with that film.
Lens seems to have good definition through the grain.
Very nice frame of Diana.

Tell us a bit about XP-2 film.
This is the first I've heard of it.
Is it competition for the T-Max series?

-D.S.

Last edited by Doc Sharptail on Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those MC ROKKOR 2.5/100 are great lenses, but:

- unfortunately prone to a sticky aperture after all these years
- they also really need their original very deep hood to control flare & improve contrast
- if you get the sun in the frame you had better be adept at turning flare into an interesting feature... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to like Minolta's 100's

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:

Tell us a bit about XP-2 film.
This is the first I've heard of it.
Is it competition for the T-Max series?
-D.S.

Hi there: XP2 is kind of an odd bird. It's black and white, ISO 400, but it used the C-41 process for developing. It's much easier to find a lab to do C-41 than to do traditional black and white films. I like it a lot, as it can deliver lots of contrast in strong light, but still be gentle in more even conditions.

About the Minolta 100mm, it turns out that cleaning the aperture of that lens today was easier than cleaning the 58mm that I did yesterday -- mainly because I didn't remove any screws. I just removed the front and rear lens groups to reveal the aperture, then carefully cleaned the blades from the exterior. It works great now!

About the lens hood, I'll have to see if I can find one!

Here's another version of the second image done on my computer at home, not on my phone!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better tonal range on the 2nd version.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scan was a tif, so there was a lot of file to use.