Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Messing with Meyer Trioplan 100. Again, butterflies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Messing with Meyer Trioplan 100. Again, butterflies Reply with quote

Hi, as some of you may know, in early May I won a "MINT" Trioplan 100/2.8 (after a month, 201 Euros would be almost a bargain, damn prices) that should have been M42 but turned out to be Exakta Very Happy so I had to wait for an adapter.

Not recogizing the right mount probably must have been my very shameful moment but, on the other hand, probably helped me to win the auction. It must have looked confusing and suspicious to other bidders.

Didn't manage to shoot much yet, but:

Trippy! Give me more of those funny pills, please! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done.
The bkgnd looks like the daubs and swirls of a paint brush on a painting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trioplan went to best hands, congrats, all beautiful!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful images! Like them much - some buy a Trioplan and don´t make good images with it, some like you master it (my opinon).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
Wonderful images! Like them much - some buy a Trioplan and don´t make good images with it, some like you master it (my opinon).

+1

I can't make good images with Trioplan , these series remind me to my Indonesian friends who are use it masterly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I need one!)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect use of very imperfect lens. Very nice!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more experiments

And butterflies - worse ones

Better ones

And best ones

Plus two versions of my newest and still warm picture Very Happy

Marek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely series Very Happy congratz!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful results you show here!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bunch of butterflies - tyrphophiles of "Czech Canada" and some other species that occured:

(But I have a strong feeling this one might have been done with Meyer Telemegor 180)

Marek

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Summer collection Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So beautiful!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I love them all.

+1. All wonderful!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks.

Still, it's far cheaper and a bit less comfortable Telemegor 180 I've made my best butterfly photos with. Definitely not the sharpest or most detailed but most creative and fun.

It's those two.
http://marekfiser.deviantart.com/art/Swallowtail-Papilio-machaon-453388609
http://marekfiser.deviantart.com/art/Large-Wall-Brown-Lasiommata-maera-464557268?q=gallery%3Amarekfiser%2F42077916&qo=35

I'm still a happy Trioplan 100 owner though. I believe the lens can do better than I showed this year.

While Trioplan seems to be broadly loved Telemegor is rather love or hate lens. Can't understand what to hate on Telemegor though, as it brings very special results from time to time, is sharper and less soft wide open and great to handle or pack for a 180mm.

Here's one circlemonster.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circlemonster is Trioplan, right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case no butterflies are on sight, it's sun as my another favourite strong motive I'm looking for...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Thank you for share , most people not respect much Telemegors.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the Trioplan 100/2.8 is a bit on the expensive side going for 600 USD to 2000 USD on eBay.
But the Telemegor 180 is less than 100 Euros Very Happy

Now, do you mean the 100/5.5?
Any difference between the metallic coloured one and the black coloured one?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Telemegor-5-5-180-V-Meyer-Objektiv-/231328800167?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item35dc455da7

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Meyer-Optik-Telemegor-5-5-180-M42-1Q-S-screw-mount-lens-canon-EOS-Pentax-K-7D-/271600298722?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item3f3ca3aae2

Br,
Sigurd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Trioplan 100 was just won on one Czech server for app. $322. My price (05/2014) was $288 including shipping from The Cradle (Germany).

A month earlier than Trioplan 100, I won Telemegor 180 for only $40, and yes, it was a really cool steal.

First time, I've waited for an unexperienced seller claiming to sell M42 version but selling actually EXA, which made a certain pleasant confusion and suspicion I've waited for. Paradoxically, despite seller's lack of knowhow, the Trioplan worked just great and didn't need an extra care in any way (which sadly never repeated).

Secondly, I just waited for a weak and FAST auction. In both cases I was just lucky, lucky and patient.

I also grabbed Tair 133 cheaply, around $94, which, if I recall correctly, involved some poker face game and "lack of interest". Very Happy (Since the lens crashed me down the hill 14 days later, and respecting the fact the same seller cheated me with broken Helios 44-2 some days later, it was rather a f*cked up double-transaction overall).

I've myself never went for black ones, so ask Attila or some other forums member. I've let them pass even if the prize was good or even great. I just collect old silver crap - with love! (It sounds a little bit racist.)

I hope it helps somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply superb Marek.