Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Film developing chemicals (c-41 colour)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Film developing chemicals (c-41 colour) Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I have black and white chemicals and I've been able to develop my BW's so far (still no means for scanning) but now I'm shooting a colour film and will want to develop it and scan it.

Does anybody have some C41 chemicals that I can get for cheap? I only have a few films so not yet worth spending £30 on a complete set of chemicals. Maybe if you have some leftovers?

Perferrably in Nottingham but generally will consider anything in the UK with postage.

Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a few colour films Question Take them to Asda and they will dev each film for £2 and scan each one and put all the jpgs on one CD for £1.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIY C41 can produce horrendous colours. Leave it to the experts or those that have had experience. It is not a process for new comers and requires lots of failures and very strict procedures to get everything right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks excalibur and philslizzy. I'm doing 120 medium format films so I don't think ASDA does them. Will have to be home-made unless a local photolab can develop it for me near the ASDA price.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingRoach wrote:
Thanks excalibur and philslizzy. I'm doing 120 medium format films so I don't think ASDA does them. Will have to be home-made unless a local photolab can develop it for me near the ASDA price.

Unfortunately the cheapest price for dev 120 colour neg film is about £2.80 to £3 if you are lucky to live nearby a lab for that price and don't need postage Sad ...if you live in London it is in Wandsworth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
KingRoach wrote:

Unfortunately the cheapest price for dev 120 colour neg film is about £2.80 to £3 if you are lucky to live nearby a lab for that price and don't need postage Sad ...if you live in London it is in Wandsworth.

Three quid for dev only is affordable - if you can find a lab. Check out the yellow pages or Thomson Local.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow pages might be an option!!!

Will still hope to get the chemicals at least to develop a couple films myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won an auction on eBay. Two 1L Tetanal kits for the price of one, basically.

Now for the scanner.... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, you seem to want to DIY!

I hope the chemicals are for low temperature processing, as high temperatures can be difficult to maintain. Let us know how you get on.

Perhaps photograph your negatives and invert them in photoshop.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing in life better than DIY.

It's Tetanal C-41. They are yet to arrive. I currently only have one film to develop which I'm worried may have light-leaked or something.

I will tell you how it goes. I'm looking for a scanner. Just bought one for 35mm format but will need to find a way to scan/digitize my 120 film. Photographing or bed-scanning are the only options, but former requires bellows and seals and I do not have the right stuff right now.