Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-8 50mm f/2 m39 mount + Samsung NX20
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Jupiter-8 50mm f/2 m39 mount + Samsung NX20 Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sharing some lovely pictures of a lovely jupiter-8 50mm f/2 and some sample photos taken with it. Wink

good resolution & sharpness at f2.8

more mf lenses and photos at my flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alfekim/sets

good day

Last edited by plainsman on Tue May 27, 2014 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens is M39 mount natively !! how did you get m42 verson?? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:

for what I see from the 1st pic is a ltm lens, maybe just a typo in the thread title

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:

oh dear !!! im so sorry.... i was browsing ebay for m42 lenses just as i was posting this... my bad!!! edited

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to point out the J-8 is a LTM (Leica thread mount)
There are two major mount variants, M39 LTM (Leica rangefinder) and M39 Zenit (SLR), same screw, different focal plane distance

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice lens.
I like the cityscape.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!
I love all the silver lenses, but they almost seem to be in m39 thread. I wonder could I mount them on my eos APS-C system? How about the different focal distance? I plan to get a silver Helios 44 2/58 m39 Zenit thread for my Canon. Should I have any focus issues? Thanks for your help!
Regards,
dream

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dream100cc wrote:
Hi guys!
I love all the silver lenses, but they almost seem to be in m39 thread. I wonder could I mount them on my eos APS-C system? How about the different focal distance? I plan to get a silver Helios 44 2/58 m39 Zenit thread for my Canon. Should I have any focus issues? Thanks for your help!
Regards,
dream

As Rick pointed out,

Rick1779 wrote:
just to point out the J-8 is a LTM (Leica thread mount)
There are two major mount variants, M39 LTM (Leica rangefinder) and M39 Zenit (SLR), same screw, different focal plane distance

If it is a Leica thread mount the focal distance is quite different meaning it won't be very useful, but the M39 for
Zenit SLRs will work fine. I have a couple that I use on my Canon. You need to buy a M39 to M42 adapter and then
a M42 to Eos adapter. I also have a M39 to Eos adapter, but because it is too thick the lenses won't focus to infinity on it. Perhaps I will sand it down one day. I also have a Jupiter 11 that is M39 for Zenit that I use on my Canon. It is also "silver". I also like the silver colored lenses. Most of mine are old Exakta lenses though.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the "silver" versions are not only sexy built but also good performance, I think. I should get a copy of Helios as soon as possible. Thank you two!