Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk with Canon 100mm f/3.5 - OMD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: A walk with Canon 100mm f/3.5 - OMD Reply with quote

Perfect small lens/ camera to do some distance shots Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing Lars!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
Really good.

Lars, is this a rangefinder lens on A7R camera?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, Nikos, it is a rangefinder lens on Olympus OM-D Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good samples, this very small 100mm on an APS-C mirrorless certainly makes a very compelling package!

Lars I have one question for you, does changing the aperture on this lens move it's focus ring. My copy of the same lens has this problem, and I am curious if this is 'normal' or often happening with this lens, and which other lenses behave like that too, here my corresponding thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/how-to-stop-lens-changing-focus-when-setting-aperture-t66252.html
thank's, andreas

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It´s a nice tele on m43 sensor. Compact and sharp with lovely bokeh IMO. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, sorry, of course I should have written m4/3rds!

my error because I have used the same lens a bit on APS-C, performance of the lens is great! Because i usually keep a lens wide open for focusing and stop down thereafter I do not like that setting the aperture, on my copy, would turn the focus ring, offset the focus again. Does your copy bahave the same?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it also turns on mine. I usually shoot wide open on this lens because it is sharp and nice from f/3.5 Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the info, and yes, best solution Smile