Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ferrania
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Ferrania Reply with quote

Is there any update on the Ferrania re-start? I check their website from time to time but there's been no news since November.

With New55 doing so well on Kickstarter, it seems there would be a definite market there for Ferrania to get some funding if that's an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Ferrania Reply with quote

David wrote:
Is there any update on the Ferrania re-start? I check their website from time to time but there's been no news since November.

With New55 doing so well on Kickstarter, it seems there would be a definite market there for Ferrania to get some funding if that's an issue.

Well with Agfa Vista + 400 ISO being Fuji Superia 400 (Vista + 200 ISO is Fuji C200) and both sell for £1, they are going to have some competition.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferrania Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Vista + 200 ISO is Fuji C200

You don't know that, you're guessing.

I doubt the Agfa Vista Plus is going to be available long term, and given that Agfa Photo is not part of the old Agfa and has no manufacturing facilities, it is highly likely that they may switch supplier at some point as all other rebranders have so they may sell Ferrania produced film in the future.

We should welcome Ferrania back with open arms because we should treasure every film manufacturer that is left as many have gone and others may fold too. I can see a point not too far off where C41 colour film is no longer available as it doesn't have any use outside the consumer sector, whereas BW is still used for things like microfilming and aerial survey, so should still be available for a couple more decades at least.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferrania Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

I doubt the Agfa Vista Plus is going to be available long term, and given that Agfa Photo is not part of the old Agfa and has no manufacturing facilities, it is highly likely that they may switch supplier at some point as all other rebranders have so they may sell Ferrania produced film in the future.

We should welcome Ferrania back with open arms because we should treasure every film manufacturer that is left as many have gone and others may fold too. I can see a point not too far off where C41 colour film is no longer available as it doesn't have any use outside the consumer sector, whereas BW is still used for things like microfilming and aerial survey, so should still be available for a couple more decades at least.

A guy has proved it's C200 by the barcode which was issued by International Imaging Industry Association.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferrania Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

A guy has proved it's C200 by the barcode which was issued by International Imaging Industry Association.

And I have had rolls that had the same edge barcode as Superia 200, as I've told you before. Those rolls had the same popping reds as Superia and C200 doesn't have.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferrania Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

And I have had rolls that had the same edge barcode as Superia 200, as I've told you before. Those rolls had the same popping reds as Superia and C200 doesn't have.

The barcode on the cassette tells you what film is inside so you need a prgram that can translate\read the data, you then look up i3 data sheet (which have been removed from their site) and find what film it is e.g. vista plus 400 ISO
Vista plus 200 ISO checks out as C200 (fujicolor see 2nd pic)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open a kick-starter is not a bad idea at all!!

Just look how fast Lomo did on their instant camera. There is a market.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomoinstant-camera

Any kick-starter for 110 and 126 film to complete a 135 and 120 program should go well, or am i crazy??

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone reckons Ferrania set up the basic plant in China and it's called lucky film. Also there is Hypercolor 125 ( Svema Color 125 )..dunno if it's still made but some guys like it.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/filmphotographypodcast/discuss/72157642262145015/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky film has been around a long time. Insofar as I know, it's made by the Shang Hai Camera Company, though I could be wrong about that. Lucky is the exact same stuff as Shang Hai brand and I don't know of too many more Chinese photographic equipment manufacturers (they were all gobbled up by Shang Hai, I think.) I'm not sold that Lucky and Ferrania are the same.

I was just hoping that someone would know if they were still planning to restart production or if they had hit an insurmountable roadblock.

If someone from Ferrania reads this, I would back a Kickstarter. I backed the Lomo Instant as well as the New 55. I would have backed the Travel Wide if I had learned about it before it ended.