Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C/Y Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 28-85/3.3-4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: C/Y Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 28-85/3.3-4 Reply with quote

Nice walk-around lens. Focal range covers from wide-angle to telephoto. Its price is much lower than the modern AF zoom lenses, yet a great performer.

Photos taken with Fujifilm X-E1. Straight from camera no post-process applied (sharpness and contrast slightly declined due to the re-sizing):

Last edited by cellotone on Sun May 25, 2014 11:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the natural colors in the first pic!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
I like the natural colors in the first pic!

Thanks blotafton!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing zoom lens!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure whether those are the purple fringe spots on picture #4? Confused

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see anything on #4 but possibly in #3 if you look at the silver cars front wheel.The images certainly are sharp when you click on them.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I can't see anything on #4 but possibly in #3 if you look at the silver cars front wheel.The images certainly are sharp when you click on them.

Yes, some traces on #3 (the front wheel and the passage between the dark glass and the bright reflective metal of the car), but it's really barely visible, and in case it should be removable in PP without too much effort. I can't see anything on #4 too.
However, the lens' performance (sharpness, colors) looks extremely good to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I see the light purple fringes on picture #3. Thanks "mo" and "Anything."

Thanks "LucisPictor", I like your comment.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens - I love mine and fully agree about the colour rendition. On the other hand flare can be an issue (or benefit?) at the wide end...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryreid wrote:
Great lens - I love mine and fully agree about the colour rendition. On the other hand flare can be an issue (or benefit?) at the wide end...

I'd say issue, not benefit.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryreid wrote:

Was the hood attached? Contax Metal Hood W-1. It may help to reduce the flare. Probably its 82mm size front is the reason to have flare easily.