Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

D Mount 8mm Lens Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: D Mount 8mm Lens Question Reply with quote

I picked up a Revere 40 8mm camera with a magazine the other day (I picked it up specifically FOR the magazine, actually.) It has a D mount but no lens. Will any D mount lens work properly on any 8mm camera, in the same fashion that m42 lenses (for example) are interchangeable?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strict answer is no.

Bulk of the lenses are standard mount and FFD and will fit most d-mount cine cameras.

There are a few exceptions, at least these:

1. D-mount lenses for some old 9.5 mm cameras. Some had a d-mount but much deeper FFD. Som Berthiot made lenses for Pathé 9.5mm and these lenses are sometimes floating around. There are some other european lens brands too.

2. D-mount lenses for Bolex L8 camera. This camera has shorter FFD than the standard. Kern made some lenses for that camera. I am aware of a 12.5mm yvar and 12.5mm pizar lens.

3. Some reseller-brand triple turret 8mm-cameras from late fifties/early sixties were of non-standard FFD and had usually a set of no-brand lenses with only their focal lengths given. The cameras I know of came from Japan and one of the brands was Crown.

Edit: Changed the focal lengths 13mm ->12.5mm