Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Edyta & Marlena - Girls portraits with Rikenon 55mm/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Edyta & Marlena - Girls portraits with Rikenon 55mm/1.4 Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to present you a selection of photos from small portrait session of two my friends who were kind enough to do a bit of modelling for me.
All photos were shot with Auto Rikenon 55mm f/1.4, Canon 600d body and processed in Lightroom. Natural light only with silver reflector on some of the photos to equal a light a bit on girls' faces.

Of course all comments will be appreciated, but please remember that it's my 3rd proper portrait session, so there's a lot to be learned Smile .

I've also shot a few frames on Kodak Portra 160 with my OM2SP, but I need girls approval before posting them in Colour Film section.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice.

she looks like nicole kidman, without all the nipping and tucking

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2# and #3 for me. it's a nice job on focus. One thing for me on some of the other shots is a eye being out of focus, etc. But impressive , considering your new to the work. I wish I had a model to practice with.. :0)

Anyway I can help just let me know.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great set of photos, not without their (minor) faults but seeing as you've only done a few sessions, you've done remarkably well. Interesting poses too.

Are the girls actual models? I find with many girls I photograph they like to put their head to one side, almost to their shoulder. Its a terrible habit and it's really hard to get them to stop.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for your comments. The girls were not models, they just agreed to pose for few hours and it was their first modelling.
As for one of they eyes being out of focus, you're perfectly right vroger, I must pay attention to see that before a shot. As for turning head to the one side, I missed it badly, but fortunately only a few photos suffer from it.
I must say that actual posing is something I need to learn to do, since it's the hardest part for me.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion there is nothing wrong with the eyes.
(technically) it's only a bit obvious in #10,
but just negligable because I like especially the looks in it.

considering the fact, that this was their first time, they did really great.
same applies for you Smile

kind regards
hasan