Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KONICA UC-HEXANON 400/5.6AE, some samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: KONICA UC-HEXANON 400/5.6AE, some samples Reply with quote

Tried to shot some in the weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats lucky man!! Thank you for share these pics!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

now please show us the lens Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow boxed, 2kg not bad at all as weight, thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Smile

it's more compact than I thought it will be..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and welcome to the club. Mine also is missing the tripod mount, unfortunately. But, as your photos show, it can be hand held successfully.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Mine also is missing the tripod mount, unfortunately. But, as your photos show, it can be hand held successfully.
hand-hold is really a tough job for me...the seller sent me a tripod mount in the pack, I didn't show it in my pix. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photography usually still not hand held business if you want to have best quality, a mono-pod at least always best choice for longer focal lengths , if you can't use any of them shoots serials one of the image will may sharp enough.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing these images! Surprised

Attila wrote:
Photography usually still not hand held business if you want to have best quality, a mono-pod at least always best choice for longer focal lengths , if you can't use any of them shoots serials one of the image will may sharp enough.

+1
Although, with the latest and greatest cameras, if you keep the shutter speed high enough relative to your focal length you can get away with it. But for landscape, no way. Tripod (properly anchored) will always give you the best IQ.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos and very interesting lens. I saw this online at major camera retailer recently and considered purchasing it, but I don't have a serious enough Hexanon collection yet to justify it. Congratulations on your acquisition!

One thing I wondered about this lens. If UC stands for ultra compact, does it still apply? Lol. How do you find use? Is focus difficult because of size?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
Very nice photos and very interesting lens. I saw this online at major camera retailer recently and considered purchasing it, but I don't have a serious enough Hexanon collection yet to justify it. Congratulations on your acquisition!

One thing I wondered about this lens. If UC stands for ultra compact, does it still apply? Lol. How do you find use? Is focus difficult because of size?

UC=Ultra Compact, Ultra Close and Ultra Coating, but I think this one doesn't apply for the first 2 UC descriptions.
This one, I strongly recommend to shooting with the tripod, I tried to shot without the tripod for those pix you could see on this thread (I don't think focusing is difficult for me, but you really need to change your name to ARMSTRONG......), it's too heavy for me to hold.
I plan to shoot the lotus in the lake besides my apartment in future. My point of view is: good one to shoot the birds and flowers with the tripod, but really nightmare on hand-holding. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good looking sample and those are great shots, no matter the pain you suffered to get them. I am interested to see the flowers. Are you using on APS-C?

I realized today after I received hexanon 35 2.8 that I have 13of them. Maybe it's time to start collecting UC.

K

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
It's a good looking sample and those are great shots, no matter the pain you suffered to get them. I am interested to see the flowers. Are you using on APS-C?

I realized today after I received hexanon 35 2.8 that I have 13of them. Maybe it's time to start collecting UC.

K

Of course APS-C: Fujifilm X-pro1 Wink