Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Tamron 2.8/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 28/2.8 Reply with quote

ffergie wrote:
I realize that this is an old thread but just to let you know, there are still some of these beautiful lenses kicking around. I purchased one yesterday that has a Nikon mount (N-IF) for $10 and after only a few shots, I am more than impressed with the apparent quality of the output. I am anxious to spend some time with the lens to see what it is truly capable of.

Coincidently I too found one very recently on eBay, very poorly described, which allowed me to catch a nice 28mm with M42 adaptor for "not-a-lot"! I've yet to take it for a walk, but I'm feeling confident Smile

Now having a usable (on my Pentax) adaptor I dug around on eBay a bit further and am currently awaiting the delivery of 35mm and 135mm lenses with miscellaneous adaptors Smile ... I missed a 24mm, someone else must have recognised it for what it was, but bargains are there to be had if you're prepared to dig around for badly or incorrectly described items Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron 28/2.8 Reply with quote

ffergie wrote:
I realize that this is an old thread but just to let you know, there are still some of these beautiful lenses kicking around. I purchased one yesterday that has a Nikon mount (N-IF) for $10 and after only a few shots, I am more than impressed with the apparent quality of the output. I am anxious to spend some time with the lens to see what it is truly capable of.

Interesting ... i saw one yesterday, too, but didn't purchase it ... maybe i'll go there on Tuesday and pick it up ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some days ago i bought a nice looking sample of the lens, together with an Adaptall adapter for Konica AR. While on APS-C the lens may be quite good, on full frame it has its weaknesses. Especially the corners are abysmal at f2.8. Even at f11, i wouldn't recommend the lens for landscape images. A cheap Konica AR 3.5/28mm, for instance, would be a far better choice.

Stephan