Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-3 with stucked aperture ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-3 with stucked aperture ring Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I received today an early Jupiter-3 with stucked ring.

In fact, it's stucked because it's quite deformed. Here is a picture :

Anyone has idea if it's repairable, if yes how. Optical block can be easily removed from the mount. I prefer to ask before trying myself to fix it.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to solve this ring problem, but now is another problem : grease in aperture ring is totaly dry, so I can open/close it, but only with tools! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved, lens fixed. Thanks for watching Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you fix that , Pierre ?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the deformed ring, I simply used harmer with a peace of wood to not damage the ring. I read somewhere here someone used this technic to solve problem with beaten filter treat.

When this first problem was solved, ring still didn't move. Second problem was grease. I didn't relub it, I just lot of time turned it with tools, to make it more and more easy to turn. Now, I can use it without a problem, turn almost smooth from wide open to 8 or 11 with hands (I don't need more for a portrait lens). But then occcured another problem : When optical block was on mount, aperture didn't move! Problem was that the ring on the treat (to fix optical block) was too thin. I guess someone changed it. I used a Helios-44 ring (thiker), and now, it works like a charm Smile .

I think everything on this lens was made to block the aperture ring, even if this one is in good condition Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pierre. Smile