Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Rikenon EE 35mm f2.8 disassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Auto Rikenon EE 35mm f2.8 disassembly Reply with quote

I have come across one of these http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/ricoh-auto-rikenon-35mm-f-2-8-m42.html

There is some fogging, maybe fungus behind the first group. Anyone have any tips on how to disassemble this lens. I have tried to unscrew the name plate ring without any luck. It is either stuck real good or it doesn't unscrew. Any help greatly appreciated.

Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some name rings aren't screwed in, they are either glued in or snapped in. Either way you need to prise something under them without scratching the glass and prise them off.

BUT - your lens might have a screwed in ring, I have no experience of this lens personally. Prising a screwed ring might do damage. Try a bit of lighter fuel around the thread, that frees up a stuck thread effectively - but don't drown it.

Someone with knowledge of this lens will probably be along shortly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, drain plug work like a charm. lenses cleaned, most importantly fungus removed with vinegar. Looks good.