Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

w-nikkor.c 2.5/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: w-nikkor.c 2.5/35 Reply with quote

Since buying this little beauty things at work have become insanely complicated, so I had almost no time to try it out properly. I just managed to take some random shots around.
However, I'm absolutely amazed by this lens' qualities, so I'll share some of these random snapshots here, hoping they do justice to the lens' capabilities

Straight out of camera:

Straight out of camera:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both reasonably sharp and smooth bokeh it seems!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same as contax RF mount or is different?

a pity it comes not so cheap Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:

http://forum.mflenses.com/impulse-buy-info-welcome-t65602.html

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, certainly very impressive!
quite a number of these old, small japanese rangefinder lenses are pretty amazing
envy you for this one Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:

The mount is virtually identic to contax rf. I read somewhere (as I probably already written in the thread quoted by lightshow) that there are some microns differences between the two.
The fact is that the impression of the lens not reaching infinity I had in the beginning was probably due to an error in mounting, so it probably wasn't perfectly aligned. In the other outs I did with it I never had that impression again.
As for the price, they are quite sought after by collectors, and kinda rare - here in Italy at least: the cheapest I found apart from mine was at €250 at the local camera fair back in april. I was quite lucky and got it for a very reasonable price.

kuuan wrote:
wow, certainly very impressive!
quite a number of these old, small japanese rangefinder lenses are pretty amazing
envy you for this one Wink

Yes, they're beautiful. Too bad they're so expensive - I'll have to wait for another bit of luck.