Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall SP 70-210 19AH with A7, still a classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall SP 70-210 19AH with A7, still a classic Reply with quote

Often referred to as the "best 70-210 zoom lens ever designed and manufactured". I tried it on my A7. It is still a classic with brilliant color and sharpness. No PP on any images and JPG are straight out of the camera.

1). F/8 210mm

2). F/8 210mm

3). F/8 80-100mm

4). F/8 210mm

5). F/8, MFD, 210mm

6). F/3.5, MFD, 210mm

7). F/3.5, MFD, 210mm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set.
Have you tried shooting wide open? My copy seems softer at wider aperture than my komine vivitar s1.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dualmp, I agree. My copy of this lens is a tad soft at maximum aperture, but it does improve when stopped down and becomes avery decent lens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dualmp wrote:
Nice set.
Have you tried shooting wide open? My copy seems softer at wider aperture than my komine vivitar s1.

My experience is the opposite - my vs1 was softer - almost disappointingly so IMO. All my tamron tp zooms are down a bit in iq wide open, 19AH is one of the better ones.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dualmp wrote:
Nice set.

Thanks!

6 and 7 are wide open. Yes. I do detect some glow at 210mm @F3.5. What camera are you using? On full frame it doesn't appear to be as bad as I remembered on APS-C.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjs wrote:
dualmp wrote:
Nice set.

Thanks!

6 and 7 are wide open. Yes. I do detect some glow at 210mm @F3.5. What camera are you using? On full frame it doesn't appear to be as bad as I remembered on APS-C.

I am using 5d mkiii. Seems like my copy's wide open glow is making pictures unuseable. Sharpens nicely when stopped down though it sort of defeats the purpose of having a fast lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dualmp wrote:
drjs wrote:
dualmp wrote:
Nice set.

Thanks!

I am using 5d mkiii. Seems like my copy's wide open glow is making pictures unuseable. Sharpens nicely when stopped down though it sort of defeats the purpose of having a fast lens.

Do you use the hood that is included with the lens? I found these old Adaptall 2s are much more susceptible to flare than their modern cousins. In certain light situations without hood there is a dramatic change in contrast/resolution. Also, check your adapter and make sure it doesn't have internal reflection. Some adapters uses shiny black metal as its internal barrel, worst idea ever.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use the hood that is included with the lens? I found these old Adaptall 2s are much more susceptible to flare than their modern cousins. In certain light situations without hood there is a dramatic change in contrast/resolution. Also, check your adapter and make sure it doesn't have internal reflection. Some adapters uses shiny black metal as its internal barrel, worst idea ever.[/quote]

I do have a hood. I will try more shots with the hood. My adapter is a thin one for canon so i think the internal reflections if any is negligible.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile "best zoom ever manufactured" until we didn't try better one, I still remember for all Tamrons I had almost all , none of them was best for sure , but none of them was crap either. I did like this lens a lot too, I kept Tamron 70-150 f2.8 Soft focus, lighter weight little faster still not good as than Konica UC zoons or Carl Zeiss.