Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir 1b 2,8/37
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Mir 1b 2,8/37 Reply with quote

Recently purchased this lens. Seems very nicely constructed. I think it is a nice one although I need more practice.
Here are some shots with it. Unfortunately, I set out the hood for it and then forgot it. Mad

Last edited by uddhava on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed May 04, 2016 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Looks very painterly. I like it.

Thank you. The water was very still on that day, so I think it helped.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 last ones with reflections in water are very nice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
3 last ones with reflections in water are very nice

I agree, very nice shots. The colours are excellent, very realistic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draws very nice !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot this lens, each time I think about sell mine and get a clearer glass, I give up looking at the shoots I took with.
The only drawback was that I had to work to find a hood which doesn't cause vignetting on this lens,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
I like a lot this lens, each time I think about sell mine and get a clearer glass, I give up looking at the shoots I took with.
The only drawback was that I had to work to find a hood which doesn't cause vignetting on this lens,

Cheers,

Renato

Why not a collapsible 3-in-1 chineese hood?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:

Cheers,

Renato

Well, I forgot to bring the hood with me so I should test it and see if I run into that problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Very nice indeed... Reply with quote

Without knowing the place, I love number 4!

I recently bought a 30euro Nikon D100 body, added a 45euro Nikkor 28-100 lens... I am hoping to get one of these for 40euro and an infinity focus adaptor for 20euro...

Then my learning will truly begin!

Rolling Eyes

Der Kerusker

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir 1v (b = cyrlic v) is trigger for my MF addiction Smile ...and then I found Mir I 2.8/37A Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the A more pleasant to use with his shorter minimal focus distance than on classic 1's. You will like it Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Very nice indeed... Reply with quote

Kerusker wrote:

I recently bought a 30euro Nikon D100 body, added a 45euro Nikkor 28-100 lens... I am hoping to get one of these for 40euro and an infinity focus adaptor for 20euro...

Rolling Eyes

Der Kerusker

Nice deals, I got my Canon 20D for 100€ and I'm happy I chose Canon over Nikon cause its flange depth.

I have MIR-3 f3.5/65mm with Salyut mount in very nice condition but I don't have an adapter for it :-/

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Very nice indeed... Reply with quote

Kerusker wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Der Kerusker

Thank you and welcome to the MFL forum! Smile
Good luck with your camera and lenses.

Here are a few more recent attempts.

Last edited by uddhava on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a nice lens . Unfortunately mine is not good enough on the borders and corners for FF (A7).
Is it my sample? Should I try another one?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mir-I b (v) version is in great "like new" shape, a "must have" lens definitely. However, “a” version has pretty beaten & unusable filter ring, but mechanic & optics is OK. And I love them more than Bergon 3.5/35, Vivitar (Tokina) 2.8/35 or CZJ flektogon 2.8/35, maybe I’m not objective but I fell some kind of “mojo” in Mir lenses. I even choose Helios 44-2 (among the other Helios 44s) just because it looks and feels like Mir-I b Very Happy

But, in a few days im getting "Baby-C", maybe new favorite 35-37 lens in my bag...

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Very nice indeed... Reply with quote

[/quote]
[/quote]

Very nice and thanks for the welcome... Be sure I will get this lens!

I just hope I can learn to use it well and capture what I see.

Rolling Eyes

Der Kerusker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more from this old group.