Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Are topcor lens UV capable?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Are topcor lens UV capable? Reply with quote

Hello.

I know, a bit silly question, but other manufacturers lens when having UV in name, it implies that they do work in UV range. What about topcor lens? I need a lens that will pass "near" UV spectrum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name 'UV' on topcor lens has nothing to do with ultraviolet photography.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what I thought, Dr Klaus kds35 has a link to a site that he lists many UV capable lenses........honestly I wouldn't even know where to start with them!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual of the Topcon Wink Mirror S have some information on page 2:

Quote:
2. Special UV Coating on all interchangeable lenses.

and page 38:

Quote:
All UV Topcor lenses have been specially coated to cut the ultra-violet(UV) ray ... , and eliminate the need for an UV filter outdoors for black-and-white camera work.

Last edited by calvin83 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha thanks a lot, almost bought it Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they aren't bad lenses from what I've seen but there aren't any readily available adapter for it, you would have to make your own from a camera body.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were UV capable, so this was the point. Usage is in industrial area anyways, so mount/etc does not matters at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have UV in their name since they block UV, so no UV filter is needed.