Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 2/58 00 serial number, cat...3rd time lucky
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Helios 44-2 2/58 00 serial number, cat...3rd time lucky Reply with quote

I have persisted with this lens and hopefully these are better than the last 2 trys, Thanks Gerald for the tip on warming the images...I like the results with the cats fur...much better.
Some may be a fraction blurry because mo was moving,but I am very happy with how these turned out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Thu May 12, 2016 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first one was wide open and I had the wrong shutter speed set.I stopped down a little for better focus for the others.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Moira.
Very good lens from the results.
The last is my favourite.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother also loves cats.

I liked the #3. The focus is spot on.
The left bar is a distracting element. Maybe the picture become even better if the left bar was cut off, I don't know ...

P.S.: The camera lens is wide open, but the cat's eye is F22, I guess. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing the bokeh would look swirlier on full frame - it looks fine on these images, but doesn't quite have the 44 signature

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one's Mo,

I really like that last one, quite intense. What version of the 44 are you using? I have a 44-6 and for me

it is probably my most used lens. Focus is fast, produces fantastic Bokeh.

Sorry Mo I see you have the 44-2 - My bad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basilisk wrote:
I am guessing the bokeh would look swirlier on full frame - it looks fine on these images, but doesn't quite have the 44 signature

Swirly bokeh is not automatic on Helios 44. You can easily do some photo without it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, It is 44-2, a battered old lens complete with a dead bug inside. I thought about cropping out the bar, and did on a few other images. It's one of those do you or don't you scenario's....next time she is out, I can try a few other things regarding not shooting the bar ( s).It all depends on how co-operative the model is. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic colors
Beautiful pictures!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helios just delivers......... Cool