Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accura Supertel 135/2.8 Pic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Accura Supertel 135/2.8 Pic Reply with quote

I just got this one on fleebay and I am impressed. I tested it against my Pentacon 135 Preset and to my surprise
it was right there with the Pentacon for its sharpness. Also, it does produce a non dramatic bokeh which I really like.

I only paid $15.00 US for this one and needless to say, I am pleased. It is also very small as well.

Any impressions on this lens.

Regards

Gavin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good.
Maybe I should give mine another go.
I need to do an updated post on it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot.
Is it a Tokina?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Luis, mine is exactly like yours. Take her out for a spin and lets see a few and by the way, Thanks again.

My copy was made by Sankor, hope that helps and thanks for looking.

Regards,

Gavin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the same as this one?

http://forum.mflenses.com/sankor-2-8-135-t64695,highlight,%2Bsankor.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine, Looks to be close to yours except for the rings, different color. I think they are both Sankor.

Looks like yours is a fine lens and gives you great pics.

I have only taken a few with mine but will rectify that soon.

Thanks for your interest in this lens as it is a good one, exact same size as my Spiratone 105mm which is a Sankor as well both look identical.

Regards,

gavin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two versions of this. I have both.
One is older, which member uddhava shows, which has a more baroque form.
There are several cosmetic variations also. The Sankyo/Sankor brand is actually quite rare on this type.
The newer one is the one in this post, which has a simpler design. There are a few cosmetic variants also but not as many. The new one is also more likely to be labelled Sankor.
Interestingly they are not identical optically, as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newfie wrote:

Here is mine, Looks to be close to yours except for the rings, different color. I think they are both Sankor.

Looks like yours is a fine lens and gives you great pics.

I have only taken a few with mine but will rectify that soon.

Thanks for your interest in this lens as it is a good one, exact same size as my Spiratone 105mm which is a Sankor as well both look identical.

Regards,

gavin

Thank you, I enjoy using mine very much although it is a little heavy. Hope you will like your lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Sankor 135mm's are surpisingly good lenses, aren't they. I have the f3.2 version (yes, f3.2!), which has a 49mm filter thread, and I've also seen a f3.5 version as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes MacTrak it is an overlooked lens. On advice from Luis and others on this fourm, I got it and it will replace my Pentacon 135 Preset
(15blade) as I think the Supertel (Sankor) is every bit as sharp and produces an extremely good bokeh.

The colors are outstanding as well. I also got a Spiratone 105mm 2.5 (Thanks to help from Lars) and that one is really good. The Spiratone is the exact same size and looks identical to the Supertel 135. It also is a Sankor. I will be keeping both of these for sure.

Regards,

Gavin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on the lookout for a bargin on the 105mm Sankor for some time. Don't post any picures from it, lest we see another rise in its prices Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacTak

I see them all the time. There a a couple up on ebay right now. Just lookup Spiratone 105mm and Accura 105mm
and there are many more that Luis and many others have cited. If I see a good one at the right price I will
PM you with the links.

Regards,

Gavin