Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Takumar?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Super-Takumar? Reply with quote

Hi guys, any ideas why?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have said, any ideas why the Takar portion is blocked our?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate doing this on my phone, Takumar.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen similar methods employed to remove the trademark on counterfeit goods that can still be of value.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is engraved, 'Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR' but the engraving font looks identical, as does the amount of ribs on the ring.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some Takumar lenses that had "Asahi" ground away. Reason? Honeywell Corporation had exclusive rights to sell Asahi products in USA, thus making import of Asahi products illegal. So some folks altered their lenses. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a real super takumar, I think this was done in order to import gray market lenses into the usa.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody curiously like to hide out the marks of the lens, I remembered one guy who pained the 'SEKOR' words by black lacquer before selling it to me...I don't know why...... Question

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
Its a real super takumar, I think this was done in order to import gray market lenses into the usa.

I meant to ad this as another explanation, and probably the correct one.