Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD rollers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Canon FD rollers Reply with quote

If you've taken apart a few FD lenses you know that quite a few of them feature small brass rollers with black plastic inserts. These black plastic parts have a habit of falling apart, sometimes blocking the movement, sometimes causing significant play in focus. I wonder if any of you guys found a source for matching tubing or figured a way to replace them altogether.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any dimensions ? even approximate ones might help.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably right - I should just try something. In fact I just ordered a meter of teflon tubing off e-bay. Let's see how it fits.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made rollers / bushes for an instrument at work many years ago from the ink tube of a ball point pen. It was fractionally smaller, but a lot harder wearing. My bodge lasted many years longer than the original ones.
It's surprising where you can find stuff to fix something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've scavenged a lot of rollers from dead zooms, and they work beautifully most of the time but in this particular case matching the size has been a total pain in the neck.