Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My very first manual lenses - what to buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will fit. If it does not , it is might be the problem of the adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I'm no expert, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit.

I was told (or warned) so, so I'm asking here, among the experts Very Happy Thanks for opinion. I really should have won the old daddy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Sorry for doublepost Very Happy

As I've red this many times, what about Primotar 135, or Diaplan 80/100?

Might that be a clever, better move to reach another sexy circles (made with lens almost no one actually owns) FOR REAL BARGAIN or am I out of major brain functions for the rest of the night?

Plain and simple - any experience, guys?

woodrim: thanks! Didn't find this one Shocked Bad googling, bad googling. I'll check it out tomorrow.

If you want circles - pretty much anything made by Meyer will work. The trioplan 1.8/100 has the right combination of focal length and speed that it is famous for its sparkling bokeh - but even the el-cheapo Domiplan makes similar bokeh wide open.

Fujinon lenses also produce a very meyer-like bokeh:

The above pictures were made with the 2.2/55 fujinon wide open - a lens which carries no price premium to pay for internet hype threads! Laughing

There is a Fujinon 2.8/100 too, which I doubt costs as much as the 1.8/100 Trioplan online - and is sharper wide open.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I already have a Trioplan, it's Domiron I'd kill for now Very Happy

(I won one of the first Trioplan related auctions reasonably soon after my post you just quoted)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I feel like screaming Very Happy 6.739 CZK equals €244

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy bastard probably built of melted Soviet WW2 tanks arrived this Monday Very Happy

Here are some older ones

Since March '13 I buy only silvers Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not my "very first" time at all already but I found my latest transaction too ordinary and uninsteresting, so I'm continuing here.

I just bought pretty well looking silver Primotar 135/3.5 for $75 + customs and postage, hoping to be a reasonable price.

It was actually for $110 with possibility to negotiate. As my great grandfather was half Jew, I negotiated and did so successfully Very Happy

Possibly a very fresh lucky auction, I believe this item to disappear till tomorrow's lunch.

Unlike blacks, I believe silver Primotars (in nice condition) are fairly rare in Central Europe.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You started this thread only this past spring, looking for recommendations, and now you're influencing what we buy. Or at least me. I have recently purchased 5.5/150 Telemegor, 5.5/180 Telemegor, and 3.5/135 Primotar. Unfortunately, only 150mm is silver. Maybe if I strip the black paint, they will all be silver? These join my other Meyer lenses; Lydith 3.5/30, Primagon 4.5/35, Helioplan 4.5/40, Domiplan 2.8/50, Trioplan 2.9/50, Primotar 3.5/80, Orestor 2.8/100, Orestor 2.8/135, and Orestegor 4/300. Is it safe to say I'm a fan?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention 3.5/75 Trioplan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Telemegor 150, I myself understimated one older auction with very nice pre-war version of this little big lens going for a reasonable price. Must have bought pre-war Tele-Tessar to find an inner harmony again Shocked

Also, Trioplan 75 and/or Orestors both look like lens I certainly wouldn't throw out from the window.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3.5/75 Trioplan is from a Welta folding camera. I have yet to adapt it. And the 150mm is likely post war. I do not yet know the serial number. I was browsing late at night when I came across it at a silly price - it had just been listed. Needs some care.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, shows many signs it's definitely post-war, but the lower barrel looks like the lens was suffering at least on the Eastern front. How much did it cost in this state anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Yeah, shows many signs it's definitely post-war, but the lower barrel looks like the lens was suffering at least on the Eastern front. How much did it cost in this state anyway?

$39 with shipping.