Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 70-210(Kiron) BIF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 70-210(Kiron) BIF Reply with quote

Our local castle is open again after the winter break, so that means falconry displays to me Razz

I was a bit rusty so I didn't get many keepers today, but here's a shot of a Peregrine Falcon in flight. *casually points out that it's the fastest creature on the planet* Cool Laughing

Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 f5.6 1/320sec Canon 7D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good, it's a lens that does what you ask of it. I love mine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's superb, Gary.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gents. I don't use this lens as often as I should, shame because it's surprisingly good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Birds in flight with a manual focus lens... That requires SKILL!
Great shoot too! I've got this lens too and absolutely love it. Too bad it's such a big hunk of glass. It's the primary reason I rarely use it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TijmenDal wrote:
Wow! Birds in flight with a manual focus lens... That requires SKILL!
Great shoot too! I've got this lens too and absolutely love it. Too bad it's such a big hunk of glass. It's the primary reason I rarely use it.

Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 10, 2016 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
I have highest respect for any sharp manual focus BIF! (seems to be firmly beyond my capabilities)
Well done.
And beautiful result.

Thank you very much, glad you like it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 70-210(Kiron) BIF Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
*casually points out that it's the fastest creature on the planet* Cool Laughing

Excuses, excuses! Very Happy

Seriously, very nice shot indeed. TFP. It's the time of the year to get back into it. I gotta get back to practicing!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 70-210(Kiron) BIF Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
*casually points out that it's the fastest creature on the planet* Cool Laughing

Excuses, excuses! Very Happy

Seriously, very nice shot indeed. TFP. It's the time of the year to get back into it. I gotta get back to practicing!

Thanks you Very Happy

Practice is the key word here, without it the muscle-memory falls apart. I need another week or two before I can get back into this properly, warm weather would be helpful too.