Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Contax Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Someone mentioned how great this lens was the other day on here, so I thought I should test my copy out on today's walk. Damn it's good! The micro contrast is great Cool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great shots of couples in this series...was that intentional? The bird shot I think is the best just because you caught them in flight,nicely done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning lens, nice series!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile The images don't look so great when downsized, but I just love the rendering.

Mo - I was stuck really...it was either couples or kids Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exceptional lens, and stunning image quality on digital

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why buy AF, APO etc... when we see this pictures?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nice. I especially like the birds.
I am hesitant to photograph passing people.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You chose wisely,unless it's your own child. Smile or the scenary if its interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is an absolute stunner!
One tends to get a bit jaded after a long spell of lens fever, but when I saw the first results from this lens, I was really excited.

Your pictures show the quality nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renders exactly like the old Contax 4/135 but with increased micro contrast. That's the benefit of T* coating in effect plus the fact that Zeiss recalculated their 35mm SLR lens range after the Contarex to increase micro contrast because people preferred that look.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great examples Very Happy
Though I do like my Sonnar 135/3.5, I'd still like to add this one to my arsenal.