Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ 135mm ..Sonnar ??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: CZJ 135mm ..Sonnar ?? Reply with quote

Hi guys
Just need your advice before I pull the trigger ...seller has it listed as Sonnar ...but can't see it anywhere ?? What's your take on this lens and what would be fair price for it...he is asking $170 ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: CZJ 135mm ..Sonnar ?? Reply with quote

darrski wrote:
Hi guys
Just need your advice before I pull the trigger ...seller has it listed as Sonnar ...but can't see it anywhere ?? What's your take on this lens and what would be fair price for it...he is asking $170 ?
Thanks

Pretty sure every Zeiss JENA 135mm is a Sonnar design-- note the "S" in front of the "1:3,5."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thank you Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The S you are seeing there on the nameplate means SONNAR.

Cosmetic condition seem to be great, optical looks ok but not completely sure fro the pictures.

Price... IMHO seem to be high to very high. A MC sonnar can fetch 60-80 GBP on the bay on a good day, this one is around 100 GBP and is the zebra version. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I went thru all listings...being in this shape , this listing was just little higher than the other ones . You said ...and it's the zebra version ? Are those versions inferior to the other "models" of this lens ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Sonnar, but to expensive!

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated above, this is the older non-multi coated Sonnar (none of the m42 sonnars specifically use the word sonnar on the name ring, as far as I remember). Value is about 100$

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens, but you can probably pick one up for around 75€ too (or that was the going price last time I checked at least)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=sonnar%20135mm%203.5&clk_rvr_id=618843086742

Well...I did look Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss Jena and Zeiss "west" did a lot of legal wrangling, for a while Zeiss Jena wasn't allowed to use "Sonnar" "Biotar" etc so they used S, B instead.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
As stated above, this is the older non-multi coated Sonnar (none of the m42 sonnars specifically use the word sonnar on the name ring, as far as I remember). Value is about 100$

My M42 Sonnar shows the name on the ring.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

My M42 Sonnar shows the name on the ring.

First one I've seen, congrats Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Zebra is one of the sharpest lenses I had.Single coated.
It has a bad habit: diaphragm gets stuck from time to time. Complicated innards.
Too expensive what that guy is asking for.