Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-33 in Kiev 80/88 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject: Tair-33 in Kiev 80/88 mount Reply with quote

I own a few different versions of the Tair-33 4.5/300mm, either as separate lenses or as part of the Fotosniper.
One of them is in Hasselblad 1000/Kiev 80 ( 88 ) mount.
I remember I've read somewhere that two versions of such lens existed, one common and the other quite rare.
Here is mine, I believe it's the common one, but I'd interested in further info.

Thanks in advance
Paolo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised nobody chimed in with some info.
I remember I read somewhere that the Tair-33 in Kiev 80/88 mount was made in two versions, one common and one uncommon.
I am kind of sure this is the most common one, but I would be grateful to get any relevant info about this objective.
I still have to test it on full frame digital. I will soon, cause I just turned my attention to a number of soviet and DDR medium format lenses that have been left unused for quite a while.

I already managed to find amongst my old photographic stuff four adapters, that were promptly mated to four of the most interesting Pentacon Six and Kiev 88 objectives I own. Two adapters are for PK bayonet and two for M42 screw mount.
While three adapters are Pentacon Six ones, with the option of inserting an intermediate ring that allows to use Kiev 88 lenses, the other one is a soviet era native Kiev 88 to M42 adapter, that perhaps could be quite uncommon.
I used this adapter fitted to a nice MC Calejnar 2.8/150mm.
The Calejnar has been the first and (for the moment) the only one, of all the P6 and K88 lenses in my possession, that has been recently tested on digital. The results are encouraging, I still have to use it for portraits though.
I intend to test the Tair-33 soon, and also the two Sonnars (180mm and 300mm).
I also have the two Biometars, but I don't know if such optics would be as satisfying on digital as they were on 120 film... Smile
Any suggestion or experience would be highly appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of two versions - this one (black) and the earlier "zebra" one. Both are quite common where I'm from.
Black version is also available in two mounts - Hasselblad-1600/Kiev-88 and P6/Kiev-88CM/Kiev-60. Seems like "zebra" is only available with the first type of mount, but I can't state this for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the black one (shown above) in like new condition, and I've been playing around with it a bit, albeit without the correct adapter.
Color correction is remarkably good, but - as far as I remember - there's quite a bit of field curvature.
These general characteristics are somehow reminescent of the newest versions of the Novoflex Noflexar T 5.6/400mm.

S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the info.
This site is invaluable.
I have my own field of expertise, but I know very little about other subjects. Almost every time I have a doubt or need some more details, I find one or more nice souls willing to help.
Thanks again

Paolo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning,

I have the black version as shown above - how can the tripod mount be unlocked? It seems to be turnable 360° but mine is fixed 10° out of bottom and there is no trick to find how to move it.

Kind regards
Joerg