Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor F.C. 3.5/100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor F.C. 3.5/100 Reply with quote

This

really is a very interesting lens!

It's a lens for a Mamiya Prismant PH/CPH (early 60s) which can be adapted to an EOS. I did just a quick adaptation, because I originally planned to use it on my NEX. So, at the moment, the Sekor can be used on an APS-EOS (no infinity ATM), but not really on my 5D - mirror hits the rear part.
But this flickr set seems to prove that it is possible to get it on a 5D - with impressive results.

Since the Prismat controlled the aperture by moving a small metal lever on the lens there is no aperture ring. But you can change the aperture by moving that lever manually.

I just took some snaps in our garden. The weather is terrible, but the lens is nice!

The first three shots were taken wide open. Bokeh is very nice IMHO.

And that one stopped down to f/5.6:

You can even get some 3D in your shots.

And the colours pop:

But as I have several very good lenses in this range (85 to 105mm), the Mamiya is on my "sale" list, believe it or not. I still feel the urge to sell!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens indeed, great result from every aspects!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten,

Is this the younger sibling ? This is from an old Argus Mamiya. I have had this for a while , and will be converting this to M42 soon.

Cheers

P.S.:Please pm me if you decide you want to get rid of yours.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.
I don't know in what way those two lenses are connected.

BTW, my Mamiya will be on the way to Loke soon.
Sold before it was on the offer here. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: "quick adaptation" Reply with quote

hello carsten,

my name is andy and i am new here.

i know, this is an old thread, but my first post and question is regarding to this post:

how did you do this quick adaption ?

i own a mamiya ph and the 3 lenses and i would like to adapt them to eos or nex.

best regards from cologne,
andy