Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a7r Canon Ltm 50mm f1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: a7r Canon Ltm 50mm f1.2 Reply with quote

Canon Ltm 50mm f1.2 a7r

I keep mostly the photos 'as-is'. f1.2 has less contrast but almost no purple/green ca and very sharp.
#3 and #4 are using flash.

Click to enlarge.

#1 f1.2 adjusted highlight

#2 f1.2 original raw->jpg, crop/cut the blanc wall on top but not post processed.

#3 f1.2

#4 f1.2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did well, I love the relaxed "pose" in the first image.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mo,

and here are some city-scape taken by this lens:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1382424.html#1382424

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it easier using the camera now that you have had it awhile?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot easier - i got some help from Lars as well Smile

There is many annoying things about this body that should be very easy to fix in firmware, like:
- playback zoom 1:1 always reset to the center, it should zoom to the last used area.
- it does not remember the zoom 1:1 area after reboot.
- zoom in playback requires more than one operation. It should be in one of the dials.
and more

In general, customizable functions is locked at picture-taken-mode. Playback mode is not customizable in the same extend.
Many functions are the same in both modes. Pentax has the best menu system, then nikon, then cryptic canon customize bit-wise menu, and this one. It's a sony and we have to live with it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:

- zoom in playback requires more than one operation. It should be in one of the dials.

+1

buttons should also be customizable in playback operation.. my biggest complain about the A7x ergonomics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Sony pay attention to these little details and the firmware is updated accordingly,otherwise it looks like a great camera.