Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Revuenon 200mm f3.5 - Made by ???????
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Auto Revuenon 200mm f3.5 - Made by ??????? Reply with quote

Looks very Chinon-ish to me but that is a guess.
Any ideas from thems wot knows ....................
Here is the lens - (excuse the dust on the front lens, it was just unwrapped)

.... and here are some quick snaps around the home.
Not too bad ............... any comments welcome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same lens as a Chinon branded one i had, i also had one with Pentor name on it.
As far as i know, Chinon did not produce lenses themselves, but rebranded them from other manufacturers. Which leaves the question still open.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Same lens as a Chinon branded one i had, i also had one with Pentor name on it.
As far as i know, Chinon did not produce lenses themselves, but rebranded them from other manufacturers. Which leaves the question still open.....

Good enough to be a Tominon?

Here are some more piccies - most wide open

100% crop of above - see the beetle ......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon May 09, 2016 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Sun made lens, can be found in numerous brands.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also available in silver, with the Prinzflex name on it. After a bit of discussion on the forum the lens was attributed to Sun.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dimitrygo and Lloyd.
Much appreciated
OH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Also available in silver, with the Prinzflex name on it. After a bit of discussion on the forum the lens was attributed to Sun.

Was that silver lens also labeled as Beroflex? Is it any good?

Nice photos by the way. Makes me miss California. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Let's just say I'm giving it away with a Zenit and Helios 44M that I'm trying to sell - and still nobody wants it. It's a nice looking lens in silver, it looks cool on the NEX. But every time I try it I whip up some optimism that there might be a sweet spot that is previously undiscovered. Every time I try it, I'm disappointed. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Let's just say I'm giving it away with a Zenit and Helios 44M that I'm trying to sell - and still nobody wants it. It's a nice looking lens in silver, it looks cool on the NEX. But every time I try it I whip up some optimism that there might be a sweet spot that is previously undiscovered. Every time I try it, I'm disappointed. Crying or Very sad

If the Prinzflex and the Beroflex are the same lens as the Auto Revuenon, then they are very good lenses indeed.
Look at the sharpness and bokeh in this shot at wide open aperture and a 100% crop.
For the money these go for, they are exceptional.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried two series of test shots yesterday, all shot on a solid tripod using the NEX, and didn't get one sharp picture, certainly nothing as sharp as your examples. It's a shame as the lens is in perfect looking condition. It's quite likely the Prinzflex was made later than the Beroflex and the Auto Revuenon, maybe the line was resurrected? Prinzflex was the house brand of Dixons here in the UK and they would have almost certainly just bought anything from anyone on price alone, so it wouldn't surprise me if the manufacturer just banged out some old line and cut costs even further by not using the same levels of quality control. I haven't used one Prinzflex lens that wasn't rubbish. Rolling Eyes But I've got, and use, some decent Sun lenses.
I think Dixons set the standard by insisting on high volumes and desperately low prices from their suppliers. The standard was very low.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few recent images:

Please note - all images are cropped from an APS-C camera (K-10D)
The second image is an almost 100% crop, just a little larger.
This is an excellent lens IMHO and better than anything that I have seen made by Sun.
Not saying that Sun is not the maker, but if so, then they had hit a purple patch with this one.