Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Telemegor 180/5.5 physical specs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Meyer Telemegor 180/5.5 physical specs? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Could anyone with a Telemegor 180mm please measure its length and weight for me? I've tried googling for it about 10 different ways (even in German!) but found only a couple of (conflicting) sources on the weight, and nothing at all on the length.

Don't know how many different versions there are... I'm mainly interested in the black ones, even though the chrome appears to be slightly smaller, because a chrome lens of this size would just be way too conspicuous.

(I'm particularly curious about how it compares to the OM 200/5... as far as I've been able to gather the Telemegor seems to be definitely lighter (Zuiko is 380g, Telemegor 250-350g depending on source), but I have no idea about whether it's shorter, or by how much.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one in my collection, black version with Exakta mount.

Weight with hood: 370gr. without: 309gr.
Size with hood: circa 16,5cm without: circa 11,75 cm.

A quick pic with my phone:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That makes it a bit lighter and a bit longer than the Zuiko 200/5, which is 10.5cm according to here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... is it really possible that the 180/5.5 Telemegor is nearly 2cm longer than the 180/4 Elmar-R?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry, I wasn't doubting your measurement! (And thanks for the photo.) It's just odd that an 180/4 would be shorter than an 180/5.5, and a Leica R no less (somehow I don't think those have a reputation for being small)... though it *is* almost twice as heavy. I guess lenses are just weird sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, you're welcome!

Indeed, different lens designs can lead to various constructions.