Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak B&W 127 and 620 Film Speeds
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Kodak B&W 127 and 620 Film Speeds Reply with quote

I cannot seem to find anywhere the ASA/ISO film speeds for the old 127 or 620 films of Brownie and Box Brownie days.
Anyone have a link to Kodak film speeds over the years.
Thanks
OH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 for mono and 80 for colour was normal in the 60's and 70's for brownie or instamatic films. Exact film speeds for older films are difficult to determine as they were sometimes expressed in Scheiner or Kodak's own system.

The film memo dials on old cameras will give a good indication of the film speeds available in their day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
Just going back a little earlier to around WW2 - I have my father's old Kodak Bullet camera that took 127 film. Would it too have been ISO/ASA 100, or perhaps slower?
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Thanks for that.
Just going back a little earlier to around WW2 - I have my father's old Kodak Bullet camera that took 127 film. Would it too have been ISO/ASA 100, or perhaps slower?
Cheers
OH

I found this on Mike Butkuss's page. There is a booklet detailing the Weston scales of most mid-century films. Rule of thumb - add 20% to the Sangamo Weston rating to get the equivalent in ASA/ISO so 80 Weston will be 100ASA etc.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/flashes_meters/weston_sangamo_%20ratings.pdf