Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD Tele Rokkor 135 / 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD Tele Rokkor 135 / 2.8 Reply with quote

I generally use lenses one stop down from wide open, but this lens I can use wide. It really is a very good lens.
No PP at all, except for the leaf against the black background which is a big crop and has a point of light cloned out of the background. All shot with the Sony A6000 at IS0 250 except for the piggy which was ISO 500.

The lens on my black Minolta XD7, because it looks good on there.
Cool

Last edited by Lloydy on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool oh the lovely XD7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
Cool oh the lovely XD7

I have a silver one as well, it's a great camera. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results are eye-opening. Colours and sharpness are excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks for posting. You have the most desirable of all the versions. I have had an eye out for one myself. Do you also have the Vivitar Series 1 2.3/135? Somehow I think I remember that you do. I'm very curious about a comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be the 4 elements version. Comparing the back half of the lens body with the pictures available on artaphot.ch would confirm that.
I have this 4 elements lens.It is sharp from wide open.and it has very good micro contrast . It has some CA which can be easily removed.

Speaking about 135mm Minolta, I recommend warmly the Minolta ( nomore Rokkor) MD 135 3.5 with 49 mm filter thread.
This lens is sharp´and contrasty from wide open. It has unfortunately AC but easily removable.
This lens is good but it is also incredibly compact and light ( only 260 g ! ) , a perfect travel tele lens .
Good construction and ridiculous price.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots Llody, indeed that looks like a really nice lens and your shots show it is very sharp wide open and has great character. I especially like #3, the leaf. It shows everything that is good about this lens.

The only 135 2.8 I have from Minolta is an old Tele Rokkor version which has the PF 6/5 designation. It does have 8 blades, which is unusual for Minolta auto lenses. A few photos below.

BTW, I agree with previous poster - If you cannot find the beautiful lens Lloydy has shown here, the 135/3.5 contemporary MD version is one of the least expensive Rokkors there is.