Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

yes there seems to be another one....meopta meopar 180mm 4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: yes there seems to be another one....meopta meopar 180mm 4.5 Reply with quote

I feel that I have in a way been blessed and cursed with the amount of weird/scarce lenses I have found of late, I have another one here that has me a bit stumped.

I bought this from the same seller at the market as quite a few other enlarger lenses so its most likely from a deceased collectors collection (always makes me a bit sad) its a meopar 180mm enlarger lens!

at first I bought it for its aperture system, thinking that the meopta lenses are normally cheap common chzeck lenses but when I tried to find relevant into on it, surprise nothing came up.

I found a couple of threads regarding the lens as a large format type but nothing on it being an enlarger lens, it looks exactly the same as the normal silver and black meoptar enlarger lenses except much bigger, with alot of aperture blades:)

I don't really know what to make of the lens except that I can't butcher it as intended when I bought it, it seems to have a huge projection area of about 8-9 inches.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For large formats, up to 13 x 18. Likely a good lens for the job with the right Meopta enlarger but not in big demand presently. Found some references to it being offered for sale in Eastern European countries in recent years at 30-40 euros range.

Don't kill it, instead You can effectively start fires with it... Wink

G.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that gamera, I'm not sure what I could use it for but I'm always a bit curious when Google searches don't bring anything up for lenses!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
thanks for that gamera, I'm not sure what I could use it for but I'm always a bit curious when Google searches don't bring anything up for lenses!!

Use it, and post in here, you will be the only one appear on Google. Isn't that cool? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well from the general qualities of my photos I'll probably just put people off!! Wink we are coming into our flowering season so I'll see if I can attach it something I already made to be able to focus it.

It's just nice to have it as a reference for someone looking for info