Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Yashinon DX 2/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Auto Yashinon DX 2/50 Reply with quote

Just purchased this lens. The seller kept it in very nice condition. I tried a few shots with it and seems like
a nice lens. I took very few shots because it was too late. I increased the contrast. All were shot at 400 ISO
except the last one which is 100 ISO.

Last edited by uddhava on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 1.7 version and it is better than my 1.7 DS-M ( MC). It is a vey good lens which passed succesfully the A7 exam. High quality construction and smooth focusing.There are probablely Tomiokas ( again!)
Mine needs sometiimes a little bit of contrast in PP ( flare? ).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samples,there have been a few of these lenses for sale on Oz ebay recently,perhaps I should buy one, looking at your samples Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Great samples,there have been a few of these lenses for sale on Oz ebay recently,perhaps I should buy one, looking at your samples Very Happy

Thank you.
Maybe you should, it seems good to me. It looks good too!
A few more shots, shot at 8-11, 100 ISO, no PP(for testing purposes).

#1 cropped

#2 cropped

#5 cropped

Last edited by uddhava on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
I have the 1.7 version and it is better than my 1.7 DS-M ( MC). It is a vey good lens which passed succesfully the A7 exam. High quality construction and smooth focusing.There are probablely Tomiokas ( again!)
Mine needs sometiimes a little bit of contrast in PP ( flare? ).

Thank you for the comment. I also think they are nice lenses. Many older lenses suffer from a lack of contrast
maybe due to the coatings? Not sure. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a copy of Yashica Yashinon Auto 5cm and it looks different externally than yours. It looks sharper with a really nice bokeh. Yashica had a really nice gems in it's production line! The only issue however is inability to shoot @infinity.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctures wrote:
I own a copy of Yashica Yashinon Auto 5cm and it looks different externally than yours. It looks sharper with a really nice bokeh. Yashica had a really nice gems in it's production line! The only issue however is inability to shoot @infinity.

If yours has a M42 mount you should have no problem with infinity focusing on the A7 or NEX.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Arctures,Is your Yashinon the one that sort of looks like a Auto takumar with its rounded switch near the mount?

@uddhava,I think you can be very happy with your lens, the colors are great and the shaprness can be seen on the unopened flowers....love the cat shot.Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
@uddhava,I think you can be very happy with your lens, the colors are great and the sharpness can be seen on the unopened flowers....love the cat shot.Smile

Glad to hear your endorsement of the lens, I am happy I bought it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
@Arctures,Is your Yashinon the one that sort of looks like a Auto takumar with its rounded switch near the mount?

Mo you must be referring to this lens:

I haven't really used mine, but in my sharpness test it did exceedingly well!: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157632456187326/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one,I was outbid by a dollar in a recent auction. Smile