Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 2/58 Alu M42 version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 2/58 Alu M42 version Reply with quote

Just trying to be creative with this lens and my subject of the month Very Happy Forgive my bombarding the forum with all these sunflower images. I have not felt like photographing much over the last couple of months,but now I seem to be out every day snapping away and going through using some of my favorite lenses as well as newer ones. Just enjoying my hobby.

#2 A little more bubbles in the background.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great lens, I love my copy. Well suited for artistic shots. I use it mainly for long exposure shots these days with a ND110 filter and it really shines. It does hit the mirror near infinity on the 6D so I have to be careful or use the 450D instead. But it's a keeper.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested to see your results with the filter. I have never tried long exposure shoots or using filters.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple. B+W ND110 filter and sturdy tripod. There are smartphone apps that help you with exposure based on metering and filter type.

f/16 ISO 100 45 seconds

f/22 ISO 100 191 seconds

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 very nice results, Dumb question what does the filter do? At a guess, I assume it helps with cutting down the light because of the long exposure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, yes. Here's a good overview for starters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_density_filter