Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New release Helios 40-2 "F" mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: New release Helios 40-2 "F" mount Reply with quote

Hi
Just got the new release Helios 40-2 F/1.5 in Nikon mount...man..this thing is heavy and build like a tank ...it's my first F/1.5 glass...sooo have to learn how to use razor thin DOF lol . Like pretty much everything about it , except ...doesn't lock to camera and the aperture ring is very stiff , so it has tendency to "undo" lens from the mount ...lens is brand new and hopefully it will loosen up ..or I just have to learn to be more careful . Had to work late today , so didn't have much time to play with it ...here are some shots done on D7100 and most of them are wide open...not the best ...but just learning to use that lens and wanted to see how it renders bokeh .

Thanks for viewing Smile

Last edited by darrski on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to your great new lens!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys ...so far really like the results...hope to do some portraits with it soon Smile

Last edited by darrski on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens! Take care of it, frequently feed it with portrait! That beast like beautiful women

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..will try to do my best Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Try isolating a subject from a bit further away though and you should get swirls Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out today for few minutes...was sunny ..but wind chill got it down to -17C Sad . Had a hard time to convince wife to leave warm truck lol . Managed to take few shots before my hands were frozen solid Razz

[img]http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20143
/7931_2_copy_2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing Smile